Things That I'm Finding as I Clear My House to Sell It
Or how I learned that I really could have been on one of those hoarder shows.
- •Enough books to open a small used bookstoreWhy would I bring them home, knowing how hard it is to part with them?
- •CDs, Tapes, Records, Sheet Music and musical instruments.I mean, I know why I have some of these instruments, but couldn't I really get rid of the two toy ukuleles I have? There are four more perfectly good ones in the house!
- •Many many pairs of shoes.Some of the pairs have one shoe upstairs and one downstairs.
- •Clothing in all the sizes my children have ever worn -And in every size I've worn since I turned 14.
- •Random papers all over the house, many pieces of the kids' schoolwork from years gone by.Their handwriting stopped being adorable and historical ages ago! I don't want to preserve their chemistry homework!
- •Zillions of photographs everywhereIncluding as bookmarks, because of course.
- •Bits of old toys from my childhood that might actually be worth something if I sold them on eBay.The old Fisher Price stuff really would be worth something, but you wouldn't expect me to sell that, would you? That's a precious piece of my childhood!
- •An old cabinet that supposedly used to hold a chamber pot.I took this from my grandmother's house after she died and it has sat in the basement of the house I'm selling for about 16 years.
- •Creepy DollsI collect them - so it's not that surprising, it's just that they seem to turn up where I least expect them. I'll be going through a box of the kids' old papers when suddenly this lovely turns up.
- •DoorsOddly there are a number of doors in the basement. We have nonstandard sized doors so even when we take them off the hinges we have to keep them around.
- •I haven't really even touched the attics or basement yet - so stand by for this list, parts 2 and 3.