Around Oscars season, I submitted some sample Starwipe-style jokes to try and write for them when they were hiring. Here are the ones I think still hold up:
- •LGBTQ Win! Franchise Responsible for Jar Jar Binks, the Jawas, and Watto to Include Gay Characters
- •Salma Hayek Reports Dog Murder with Irresistible Charisma, Charm
- •Yoko Ono Hospitalized, Put on Strict Regimen of Floating in Gelatin and Whispering Secrets to Birds
- •Mysterious, Untouchable Organization Accused of Wrongdoing Just Wild About "Spotlight"
- •Both of Ben Affleck's Exes Fail to Be Wowed by Fuckin' Wicked Sweet Firebird Tat
- •Amazing! Some Internet Genius Showed Us What These Actresses Would Look Like Without Flaws!(Just a bunch of airbrushed magazine covers)
- •Everyone Did a Perfectly Fine Job Live-Tweeting the Oscars(Series of fake generic tweets like "what a beautiful dress!" from normal-looking fake accounts, with captions about how they tried their best and were just having fun and doing it for their friends)