AMAZING THINGS ABOUT MY CHINATOWN APARTMENT
- •The DecorMy bathroom sink is in my kitchen. Sitting right next to my kitchen sink. I brush teeth next to my roommate nightly.
- •The SafetyThe front door of our apartment building doesn't lock. But there are 6 chefs from the restaurant below me who sit in the walkway, smoking cigarettes. My Jewish mother calls them my guardian angels.
- •The AestheticWe have a lot of graffiti to keep us entertained while we climb our five floor walk up. My favorite piece is named "Poopdick," because that's what is written. It's between the second and third floor and I think it describes everything perfectly.
- •The WildlifeOur first mouse was named Guinivere. And she was a god damn queen. RIP. You were the first of many, but still my favorite.
- •The NeighborsApartment 4a: 2 parents. 2 daughters. 2 babies. 4 eligible bachelors. 3 bedrooms.
- •The CuisineFairly certain my mouth is permanently damaged from burning myself on soup dumplings.
- •The MemoriesFirst year in New York City done right.