Things You Didn't Know About Colombia
What the media doesn't tell you about Colombia.
- •The country's name is Col-o-mbia, not Col-u-mbia.
- •It's the only country in South America with Pacific and Atlantic coastlines.
- •Don't approach a Colombian with a drug related joke. It's offensive! Lots of people die during that period, and those were sad times for the country.
- •Colombia is the second most bio diverse country in the world, after Brazil which his 10 times its size.
- •Colombia has 58 National Parks (almost the same amount as the U.S)
- •Despite its reputation as a drug/dangerous place, in reality, it's one of the most beautiful places in the world with people that are friendly and helpful.
- •If you didn't know already, Colombia is third in global coffee production, traditionally growing arabica beans.