10 Awesome Things About My Husband on His First Father's Day
I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else.
- •He always empties the diaper pail.I seriously don't think I've emptied it once in the 10 months since my son was born. He does pretend he's dry heaving sometimes when he does it, but hey, he does it.
- •He keeps our home critter free.See previous list about his mad possum slaying skills: MY HUSBAND, THE POSSUM SLAYER
- •He does the best character voices when we're reading stories.His Grover in "The Monster at the End of this Book" is spot on.
- •He's the best at thinking of everything I might need, especially in the early days when I was on the couch breastfeeding most of the day.Phone, water, snacks, remote, blanket, tissues.
- •He makes up fun (and only slightly dangerous) games our son loves.Like pillow toss and "throw him in the air as high as you can!"
- •He gets down on the floor and plays with Patrick.Creaky knees be damned! There are towers to be built!
- •He is an equal partner in caring for our son.In diapering and discipline, in bedtime stories and bath time and blow outs, we share the joy and work of parenting.
- •He can make my son absolutely giddy with tickles and belly raspberries.
- •He tames my crazy.Prime example: I had 911 dialed into my phone when we first gave Patrick peanut butter. If it weren't for Will, I probably would've requested we give it to him in the back of an ambulance...just in case.
- •He prays for our son every night.That he would fall asleep knowing he is safe and loved and that someday he would grow up to love Jesus and be kind, compassionate, and wise. ❤️ Oh, and also that he would sleep through the night and not wake up until 9 AM. I STILL BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.