HOW TO THROW AN EPIC GRILLED CHEESE PARTY
This is my favorite low stress party menu. It's pretty, it's fun, and who doesn't love grilled cheese? I lay everything on parchment paper then write what each thing is directly on it. Easy clean up and no extra dishes! 🙌👍🎉
- •Bread 🍞I like sourdough, garlic or herb, a seedy grain bread, and marble rye.
- •Cheese, lots 🧀I like to have at least five options. Something classic like mozzarella or cheddar, something spicy (hatch pepper cheese is my favorite when I can find it), something stinky (good ol blue or Gorgonzola), something soft (like goat cheese), and a wild card. This is whatever catches my eye in the store. Maybe Gruyere or Havarti, Brie or smoked provolone.
- •Toppings 🍐Caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, spinach, sliced apples or pears
- •Meats 🍗Bacon is the obvious choice, but when j want something quick I go with Black Forest Ham. Salami or pepperoni are also good choices. And if you really want to be a fancy pants you can throw some prosciutto on there.
- •Spreads 🍯Fig jam, pesto, grainy mustard, balsamic reduction
- •ButterNo substitutions, please.
- •GriddlesBorrow one from a friend so you can get a couple going at once and people aren't waiting forever for their creation to grill up.
- •Tomato soupOptional, but definitely a bonus.
- •A signature grilled cheeseHere's mine: Goat Cheese, Gruyere, Caramelized Onions, Ham, and Fig Jam on Grain Bread.