If I Could Only Eat 12 Things for the Rest of My Life They Would Be*:
Inspired by @amieshmamie. *subject to change without notice
- •Sourdough bread (warm) and salted butter
- •Italian Sausage Tortellini SoupPack a load of vegetables, tomatoes, and tortellini in a wine and beef broth that simmers all day and you have the ultimate comfort food. Serve with #1.
- •PancakesPreferably with a plethora of spreads and toppings. (See here: How to Throw an Epic Pancake Breakfast). Always with warm real maple syrup.
- •Macaroni and CheeseIt should look exactly like the picture: the perfect balance of creamy and stringy.
- •Cobb SaladSo I can have bacon, blue cheese, and avocado, obviously.
- •GuacamoleWith loads of cilantro.
- •Dark Chocolate Chunk CookiesPreferably always fresh from the oven with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- •Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and ParmesanBecause veggies are good for you and these are the best veggies in the world. I like to nearly burn them so the curly edges are crisp and salty like a potato chip.
- •Shrimp Pad ThaiFor an Asian craving...Plus, I really need some seafood on this list.
- •Ice CreamIf I had to pick only one flavor, it'd be Graeter's Strawberry Chocolate Chunk, but ideally this includes all frozen treats—milkshakes, floats, Popsicles, and Italian ice.
- •FruitThis is probably cheating, but I don't want to live in a world without raspberries or nectarines or sweet cherries or apples. You know what I can live without? Those lame melon and grape laden fruit cups they give you at crappy restaurants. Screw those.
- •Burger and FriesSometimes nothing else will do. My favorite version is at Wolf's Ridge Brewing with a fried egg on top and truffle fries (picture here: (https://instagram.com/p/9OmuUiG4DG/). But let's be honest, a Wendy's burger will do the trick when a craving hits.