MY TOP 10 FAVORITE "THE OFFICE" OPENERS
Honestly, I would buy a DVD of just the openers. Who can make that happen?
- •Jim makes a wrapping paper desk and chair for Dwight. Classic prank.
- •Michael discovers his computer will speak whatever he types. Harvey the computer is born. "I love you long tim." "You ruined a funny joke. Get out of my offive."My favorite part of this opener is the way Michael cracks himself up. His laugh is so contagious.
- •During a staff meeting, Michael claims if Hitler, Bin Laden, and Toby were in a room together and he had only two bullets, he'd shoot Toby twice. Everyone discusses the possible scenarios. "Is there a curtain rod in the room?"My favorite moment of this intro is actually how excited Andy is to play Bin Laden.
- •Jim convinces Dwight to use his self defense skills to fend off an attack...from himself.
- •Michael learns Toby is back from Costa Rica.Definitely the most used meme on my phone.
- •The KGB knock knock joke.Jim: (slaps Dwight) "The KGB vill vait for no one." Dwight: "It's true."
- •Jim impersonates Dwight and gets into an argument about bears.Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
- •Dwight starts a fire in the office to teach everyone the importance of fire safety. Angela throws her cat through the ceiling (and it falls back out three steps later), Kevin breaks the vending machine, Michael throws a projector through the window, and Stanley has a heart attack.
- •Kevin makes his famous chili...carries it up the stairs...then spills it all over the carpet...and tries to scoop it back in the pot.This one always gets me. I love that Kevin gets the entire scene to himself. I love his pride, the horror on his face as the pot flies out of his hands, his desperate attempt to scoop it back up, and finally, his defeat...slipping and falling into a puddle of his own famous chili.