THANKSGIVING FOOD, RANKED
Let's stir up all the holiday controversy.
- 1.Sweet potato casseroleThe best. Basically an excuse to start in on dessert early...unless it doesn't have marshmallows on top, then the sweet potatoes clock in at five if they're lucky.
- 2.Warm rollsI want nothing to do with a cold roll. Bonus points if homemade jam and properly softened butter is available.
- 3.StuffingFrom a box with lots of gravy on top. Go ahead and judge me!
- 4.Turkey, dark meat
- 5.Mashed potatoesMust have pools of butter on top or else they're worthless.
- 6.Macaroni and cheeseNot traditional in my family, but I love when it makes an appearance.
- 7.Green bean casseroleCanned green beans, gloppy soup, greasy French fried onions, often brought by a far away relative and served at room temperature. Not my thing.
- 8.Turkey, white meatI have no time or stomach space for this.
- 9.Cranberry sauceIf it's homemade, I'll save a tiny sliver of real estate on the plate for it. Otherwise, no thank you.
- 10.SaladI was super enthusiastic about making salad for Thanksgiving several years in a row, until I realized no one ate it, not even me.