Art in My Bedroom
What about you guys? What adorns your walls?
- •Alice in Wonderland - Mary BlairWalt's most beloved concept artist and - in my opinion - the two of them were having an affair. Regardless, the work they created together was incredible.
- •Mars Attacks - Tim BurtonSome of the concept art for the film that proves just how much of the final product comes directly from Tim's mind.
- •The Tiki Room - ShagMy dad went Shag crazy when he was commissioned for a bunch of Disney pieces and got as much of the original work as possible. I was lucky enough to steal this one for my house.
- •L.A. Modern - ShagShag. Los Angeles. Modern architecture. What's not to love?
- •Nicky & Scout Kraft - Marie-Pascale ElfmanThis terrifying painting of my as a toddler and my mom's favorite cat hangs above my bed. Why? Because it's baller to sleep beneath a painting of yourself.
- •Boston compliments of @EthanDawesThe city where we fell in love... 😘😘😘
- •Rothko,untitled - Nicky GiraffeA gift from @Caroline of my friend James' butt. I also quite like the picture and it's probably the closest I'll ever come to owning a Rothko.
- •12 Jack SkellingtonsSome of the heads they used in the making of Nightmare. I really want to get a Jack body and then create a 12 headed beast - anyone up for an arts and crafts project?
- •Elliott Smith tribute concert poster - The Doug FirWent to the show in Portland and LA but am sorry to have missed the Austin and NY performances (shoutout to @SkyFerreira for the latter.) Hopefully these celebratory concerts will become a regular event at Largo.