I Am in Sacramento and Genuinely Concerned for My Safety.
This all happened within 3 hours
- •Just saw a man using his 4 year old daughter's pony tail as a leash
- •My Uber driver is talking about how high he is. Right now.
- •"I didn't take any pills today. I didn't take ANY pills today"Said the man wearing what appeared to be a loincloth, suspenders, and a trench coat. To no one in particular...
- •Now he's singing Confederate Fight songsPlease note: this man is a participating member of a film panel I'm attending at the festival.
- •People at this panel were drunk at 11am
- •"People call me Ally. Or Alexandra. Or Bunny. Or Bitch! Haha"Said my seat mate at the panel who looked like the "Meth: Not Even Once" posters.
- •"My son threw himself in front of an Amtrak a few years ago. Then next year my husband was murdered. So I think grief is important... Bowling is a good way to get over tragedy."Said my seat mate immediately after telling her my documentary was about happiness.
- •"And that's what a lot of my standup comedy is about."Was how she left our "conversation."
- •"My old boyfriend told me I smell like a dog. That's why I left him."Said my other seat mate. Her old boyfriend wasn't wrong.
- •A woman dressed as Wonder Woman ("I was told I'd get into all he events free if I dressed this way") just gave me a handshake...And now I need to see a doctor because she nearly broke all the bones in my hand. I think she may have been a he.
- •"The Philippines is basically a third world country, like most of Asia"Said a person who's probably never left Sacramento