I Was Mistaken...
Kids think the darnedest things, these were mine:
- •It's an "elbow" not an "L-bone"To be fair, it looks like an L
- •There aren't 15 other chapels because it's not the "Sixteenth Chapel"
- •We are human beings, not human beansHad no concept of the state of "being" at 8 years old. Did, however, have a pretty firm grasp on beans and fetuses, which are roughly the same shapeSuggested by @celine
- •The Who song doesn't go "bluuuuuuuue water, blue blue, blue blue"
- •Paul Newman didn't just make lemonadeI was astonished to learn that my beloved lemonade, salad dressing, and snack food mogul was also an actor! I watched the entirety of The Sting when I was 7 being wildly confused.
- •Time does not change by a few minutes depending on longitudinal coordinatesI understood that time changes when you move East or West but didn't get time zones. So I thought, for example, that if you were East of LA by a hundred miles you'd be like... 12 minutes ahead of LA time.
- •It's not the "Genius Book of World Records"Reading was hard
- •Woody Allen IS Jewish - so are most people in HollywoodI was astonished, at 8, to learn that - apparently - a lot of people in Hollywood were Jewish, including that guy from Broadway Danny Rose.
- •China and Japan? Not the same country.In fact, they don't really care for one another.
- •When you take the EuroStar from England to France it's not just underwater...it's also underground. I imagined a glass tube like at the aquarium and fully expected to see whales, sharks, and other sea creatures while traveling through the Chunnel.