Some 'Characters' From the Documentary I Made About the Happiest People in America
I spent a year traveling the U.S. meeting complete strangers who had been referred to me as "the happiest person I know" by other complete strangers... Pursuing Happiness is premiering in Los Angeles this Thursday, 7pm at the LA Live Regal Cinema. Tickets: http://bit.ly/1KDdHPq
- •Gloria - Cancer WarriorAt the age of 28, Gloria - who was on her way to becoming a partner at a major law firm - was diagnosed with Stage IV Colon Cancer. She chose to make this the greatest gift in her life.
- •Richard Sherman - SongwriterAcademy Award Winning Songwriter of Mary Poppins. Has written some of the happiest music of all time: it's a small world, Winnie the Pooh, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- •Randy - The PainterHe grew up in poverty and yet managed to transform his home in one of Pittsburgh's poorest neighborhoods into an amazingly colorful, vibrant, and rich destination for thousands of tourists.
- •John - Happy HookerJohn lost both of his hands in an electrical accident then lost the love his life to cancer. He raised his daughter as a single father and remains grateful and appreciative for everything he still has. He's now a stand-up comedian and actor.
- •Michael Norton - Harvard ProfessorHarvard Business professor and expert on the relationship between money and happiness.
- •Rita - Mama's GirlCity Clerk for a small Bayou town in Louisiana, she took us to meet her mom in their one room home. Everyone in Rita's office - including the Mayor and State Senator - agreed that she was the happiest person in Breaux Bridge.
- •Mayor DelhommeAl Pacino's doppelgänger and the Mayor of Breaux Bridge. He showed us authentic Cajun culture and the joys of living in a tight-knit community.
- •Judson Brewer - NeuroscientistYale Neuroscience who taught us that talking about yourself (like we do on social media) stimulates the same part of the brain as crack cocaine. "We're quite literally addicted to ourselves."
- •Mario - 94 y/o Boston LegendOwned a shoe store in the North End that sold authentic Italian children's shoes. Now spends his time dressing better than anyone you know and hosting tourists in his little home just outside the city.
- •I was interviewed on the TODAY show.Sorry to Conan for outdoing him in the big hair department... You can watch the interview with Maria Shriver here: http://on.today.com/1VMCti0
- •Please come to the Los Angeles premier!!And find me after the film. I'll be the guy who looks like the guy in the film you just watched. This Thursday at 7pm, ticket info in this list's introduction.