The Absolute Worst Instagram Habits
Inspired by the people I no longer follow
- 1.A photo of a text convo where you're the funny one1. Rarely are you *actually* funny. 2. This is more narcissistic than a selfie.
- 2.#photo #photography #pic #pictureNo shit
- 3.Posting multiple photos in a rowThat's what Facebook albums are for - or an awesome photo list! In the perfect world, everyone averages 1 instagram a day. Make it count.
- 4.DubsmashI've never downloaded it so maybe I'm missing something. These feel like the equivalent of fwd email threads from your grandma. (Thanks for reminding me about these, @laur)
- 5.Giving your house a location tag name"The Castle" "hang-pad, USA" "Casa de Chill" - they all annoy me and also make it really easy to stalk someone.
- 6.Photos of food that aren't mind blowingIf you're IGing food, I'm totally fine if you obsess over the angle, colors, filters, etc. if you're going to snap such a basic shot, do it up! If you're just snapping a quick, poorly lit photo of a meal you made, don't bother.
- 7.A purposefully sexy photo of a girl with a caption that attempts to convey she's oblivious to how sexy she's trying to be"Ugh, Mondays" "Just being me" "I'm so weird"
- 8.Taking photos of textHold on @bjnovak, I love your account. What I mean is people who write notes and instagram them. Save it for Twitter.
- 9.Too many hashtagsThey all read as #desperate to me
- 10.Thinking it's embarrassing to like old photosIf you're creeping through old posts or just started following someone, have no shame in liking their old photos.
- 11.Liking your own photo...what?!
- 12.Posting multiple photos to make a grid photoDope in theory, annoying in practice — I don't want a feed of 15 photos in a row that don't make any sense.
- 13.Using the caption "had such a great time shooting with @photographershandle!"Does anyone else see this all the time on posts from models and actresses? How has this become the go-to caption for attempting to excuse yourself from shamelessly posting an incredible, professionally snapped photo of yourself?
- 14.That video story where someone's playing music from their phone and they're in selfie mode - half-feeling the music, half-looking unimpressed - and they're just sort of panning from side to side and as other people enter the frame, they do the same thing like they're a bunch of sultry meerkats or some shit.