The Definitive Ranking Of On-screen Tom Hanks Interactions With Inanimate Objects
- •WilsonThe gold standard of an actor interacting with an inanimate object. Audiences wept when Wilson was lost to the sea. We loved Wilson because Hanks loved Wilson.
- •Baby cornEndlessly funny. Hanks elevates the humor of an already funny vegetable. Get this guy (another) Oscar!
- •Various Airport ItemsThe look on his face when he discovers he can get money from returning luggage carts... his struggles to create a bed from gate chairs... get this guy (another another) Oscar!
- •A Giant KeyboardIconic, though the way Hanks interacts with the keyboard is not unexpected — I'd liked to have seen him really explore the implications of a giant working keyboard a bit more. Still, points awarded for commitment.
- •Box of ChocolatesAverage. I'd like to have seen more interaction between the two. Surprised he got an Oscar for this role given the minimal interaction with the aforementioned inanimate object.
- •ZoltarJury's out if Zoltar qualifies as "inanimate." Still, not the most impressive interaction — think this was really a missed opportunity.