Things Eliza Doolittle Wants Besides "a Room Somewhere" or: How Greedy Can One Flower Girl Be?!
Such a bait and switch
- •A room somewhere, far away from the cold night airTotally acceptable! It's cold out in London and everyone should at least have a room to escape the cold
- •One enormous chairOk, sure. I think "enormous" is a little much but look, if all you're asking for is some solace from the coldness than fine, an enormous chair isn't asking too much.
- •Lots of chocolateOk, now we're starting to get greedy.
- •Lots of coal making lots of heatWould have been an acceptable request when you asked for the room, but after that demand for lots of chocolate I think you've hit your "all I want" quota.
- •To never budge 'til SpringIf we extrapolate from this, we can deduce that Eliza is going to need servants bringing her food, water, probably books and other forms of entertainment.
- •Someone's head resting on her kneeCalled it! She wants a person to magically appear and to be submissive. My how quickly the humble flower girl has become an entitled snob.
- •He has to be warm and tenderBeggars can't be chooser, Eliza.
- •And he has to take good care of herYou give a Cockney flower girl a room far away from the cold night air and she'll end up demanding a male servant.