Thoughts While Visiting Brooklyn
Staying with a friend in Williamsburg all weekend - never spent more time in Brooklyn than Manhattan.
- 1.I have a game in Williamsburg...Called "super hip outfit or Hasidic Jew?" Turns out it's pretty hard to get right from a distance of 50 feet or more.
- 2.Crown Victoria Bar is sort of like a watering hole...Where young folks flock to drink cheap beer and continue with their day
- 3."Sorry, we don't take reservations"Makes brunch on these beautiful days difficult
- 4.Considering so many great bands shack up here...The street musicians are pretty par for course. I was really hoping the guys at the Bedford stop would sound a lot more like TV on the Radio and a lot less like every other group of guys banging plastic bins.
- 5.The best thing about the view of Manhattan at nightIs playing the Friends theme song in your head. Just me?
- 6.Frenchies aren't just Los Angeles' dogApparently they're *the* dog for young people everywhere. There's a Frenchie on every block. I'm not complaining.
- 7.I really still can't believe my friends pay this much in rent
- 8.I miss walking. So much.There are few joys in life as simple and yet enjoyable as walking through a city when the weather has just turned from awful to good. Everyone is out, in good spirits, and spontaneous.