Try These Cookies
@bjnovak asked me to rank cookies but that's like picking a favorite child. Instead I present a list of my go-to cookies
- •Chocolate Chip Cookies - Soho House West HollywoodThey're gooey. They're warm. They're just a tad bit salty. Don't be afraid to order a glass of milk to go with them.
- •Homemade OreoIt's so simple, so many bakeries have these on their menu, and yet the one from Flour is head and shoulders above the rest.
- •Chocolate chip cookies, The Smile NYCBig chunks of chocolate, not under or over cooked, a little extra salty, worth it.Suggested by @zoe
- •Mexican Hot Chocolate - Cookie CasaI would guess this cookie gets its kick from Cayenne, but it's so delicious that it may actually be magic fairy dust.
- •Black & White Cookie - Canter'sThe Plessy vs. Ferguson of cookies. Segregation has never tasted so good.
- •Anything from Levain in NYCI'm hesitant to call these cookies because they're equal parts cookie and cookie dough, which is to say they bake them just enough to firm up a bit, but the inside is basically just warm, gooey cookie dough. Be warned: you will have a tummy ache after eating one of these cookies but it'll be worth it.
- •Mint Chocolate - Milk Jar CookiesHard to go wrong at Milk Jar Cookies, but if you wanna go exceptionally right, go with this bad boy.
- •Molasses Sandwich - Cookie CasaAll of their sandwich cookies are good, but I'm quite partial to the molasses ones.
- •Rye Flour Chocolate Chip - Sycamore KitchenI was skeptical about "rye flour." Now I am a believer.
- •Whatever you fancy at Little Flower Candy Co.If you find yourself fighting off an insatiable appetite for cookies while in Pasadena, go load up on your favorite kind at LFCC.
- •Chocolate Double Stuffed OreoWhen they're fresh out of the package - crispy cookie, smooth filling - perfection.
- •LU Cookies Le Petit EcolierPro Tip: When trying to decide between milk or dark chocolate, don't - get them both. Freeze for maximum enjoyment.
- •Snackwell's Devil's Food Cookie CakesPro Tip: put these suckers in the freezer and enjoy cold