What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
An excellent List idea from @ChrisK what about all y'all? What didja wanna be?
- •A bull-rider
- •A garbage man*Not sure if this was me or you, @madithelma - sounds more like you but during this time in life, it's hard to divorce who was who.
- •A cartoonistI can't draw to save my life. What a weird situation that would be though, "draw a pheasant doing the can-can or you're dead!
- •A scientist
- •A cartoonist scientistI'd draw informative cartoons that taught kids about science. Still couldn't draw, though I did excel at science!
- •A music producerIt's what I went to college for. I think I just wanted to be Jon Brion. Who doesn't, though?
- •Jon StewartWhen he announced he was leaving, my mom penned a letter to him telling him why I'd be an excellent replacement. She was 100% serious. Never got to send the letter though :(
- •Heterosexual David Sedaris@carolinek you can be my Hugh
- •And then I stopped knowing
- •I admired my friends who had a passion and knew what they wanted to be
- •I wasn't depressed, but I felt a little lost, "what am I working towards?"
- •And then I received amazing advice from Alli Sheamur:To paraphrase, "Knowing what you want to be is so limiting! You know what interests you and you know you want to work with people who challenge you to grow - that's more than enough!"
- •Since then I've wanted to be:
- •In a position where I can learn and grow
- •Proud of my work
- •Financially comfortable
- •Able to List at my heart's content