1/19/2010 - a son & the only namesake in my hubby's family branch was born. He followed his sister by 10 1/2 years - what a wonderful ride it has been!
- •His name was chosen years before his birthAlexander Charles - he goes by Lex. Hubby rattled the name off before we were engaged & it stuck. Alexander because it's a good, strong name Charles for hubby's grandfather; Lex because I didn't want to call him Alex & we also are Superman fans..! 🤷🏼♀️
- •I chose his birthdate/dayHe was due on 1/25 - there are 2 days around that on which I did not want him to be born. I didn't want him to share a day with people that cause me negative feelings. So I chose Tuesday , January 19th - Tuesday's child is full of grace.. according to a poem. It sounded fine to me.. 🤷🏼♀️
- •He's a chameleonHis looks can mimic either hubby or me.. depending on with whom you see him. People who don't see hubby say 7 looks like me.. but when he's with Dad or someone knows hubby - then he's a "spitting image" of his dad. 🤷🏼♀️
- •Super smartI don't just say that because I'm biased... though of course I am! 🤷🏼♀️ He requires (& always has) that you answer his questions with answers - real answers. He's my "why?" child - and he'll ask why multiple times to make sure you give him the same answer so he knows you're not bullshitting him!
- •Overly cautiousHe's also my "what if?" kid.. so he overanalyzes many things. Good since his likelihood of injury is low (no BASE jumping here 🤷🏼♀️), but "Mom, what if I the grass was purple?" Can drive one bonkers..!!
- •He's a man's manHe likes pretty girls, but clams up around them. Put him in a room of men - he'll rule the conversation & will make friends along the way!
- •He likes to talkI literally have to say "stop talking, Lex" at bedtime some nights 🤷🏼♀️ His little brain is continuously processing thoughts - he can't shut it off.
- •His innocence is a breath of fresh airYoung, sweet & simple-minded. He's the sweetest little guy with a curious mind.
- •He's an apple from the tree of O menThe men in my hubby's family have a certain thing about their personalities which bind them. I say that they're all the same, but each generation gets a little more tolerant & open-minded. But the O men get what the O men want.. they'll negotiate until they do!
- •He's my favorite little manThis little human stole a piece of my mind, body, & soul that he'll keep forever. No biggie - he can have it! ❤️
- •Here's us eating pizza