SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T GET WHAT YOU WANT BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED
Reflecting on the things I remember being desperate to have, that I was sure I absolutely needed and my Mom thought other wise....
- •Baby AliveMy mother was so right. When my daughter ask for one, you bet I got it for her. What a nightmare. 😁
- •"Star" jeansI wanted those bad boys so desperately. My mom said if I wanted them, then I could buy them myself (I was 7). I am stubborn. I saved up all my gift money and allowance, and didn't I buy them? You know I did! And I was fly. Probably the proudest 7 year old in Vancity. She taught me a lesson, but I got my jeans
- •Dr Scholl's Athletic sandlesMy friend inherited a pair from her much older sister and I coveted them. Mom said no, they weren't for little girls and weren't very comfortable. Yep, I'm stubborn. Saved my allowance for a year. I thought they were gorgeous, I thought they were the most comfortable shoe on the planet....until I tried to walk in them. Awful. My mom was right AND I blew my hard earned cash.
- •I started long distance running, what I wanted.... the Adidas trifoil (I think they were called)What I got were Sears Sonic shoes that had a firm sole. That made my feet go numb after 500 Metres. I was such an ungrateful brat that I used my shoes as my bicycle breaks for a week and worn those bastard's down to nothing. They were terrible, but what an asshole move on my part.
- •Banana seat bicycle with high handle barsAnd what do you know?
- •Mom's really do know best (MOST of the time)
- •*I should write the Rated- R list next 👅*