Biggest Sins You Can Commit as a Screenwriter
I read a lot of scripts. Don't do these things and we can be friends.
- 5.Describing camera movements unless completely necessary for the story.That's what a director is for.
- 4.Huge blocks of scene description that take up half a page.Break that shit up.
- 3.Describing a female character as "casually sexy" or "hot but she doesn't know it" when it's irrelevant to her storyline.Or any variation thereof. This guy knows what's up: https://mobile.twitter.com/femscriptintros
- 2.Not starring your rewrites.Makes it easier on literally errybody if you put asterisks by your changes.
- 1.Typos.Proofread your shit. You're a goddamn grownup.