FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT THE INTERNET: 1998 EDITION ➕➕
As communicated through things I said or thought at the time
- •"This 2GB Gateway is so much faster than my parents' computer. It even loads web pages with pictures in under 3-4 seconds."
- •"I know I should be reading for class but I might as well play a quick game of Duke Nukem."
- •"I heard this band that's playing Cat's Cradle next month so I sent them an email offering to hang fliers on campus. They mailed me a box of fliers and put me on the guest list so if you'll give me a ride, you can be my plus one."
- •"This Lexus-Nexus thing is incredible. It's like I can go the library without even having to go to the library. The present is so amazing."
- •"Dude, Gus [later Gus Black] responded to my question about his song the list serve!"
- •I wonder which email program I should buy.Suggested by @gwcoffey
- •I can't believe AOL just sent me a free trial disc... This is gold!Suggested by @mallofamanda