10 Things I Have at Home That I Don't Need That I Can Either Donate, Re-purpose, or Throw Away
What could I "recycle"?
- 1.Lava lamps - I don't use them, and someone else could use them for setting the mood, or general lighting.
- 2.Ladder Ball game - I'm ok with the game, but the set we have falls apart, and is a pain, and I don't think April has played since we first bought it. May as well clear up the garage space.
- 3.Warped/scratched records - I've held on to quite a bit, but there is no reason to keep the warped or scratched records any more. I barely play vinyl anyway, but when I do, I won't play warped or scratched ones...
- 4.Any of my clothes in the costume closet - I don't re-use very many costumes. They are just taking up space, and someone else could either wear them or use them in some way.
- 5.Email subscriptions - the things I receive in my inbox can be pruned. I don't read or respond to very many of the newsletters, and derive only limited value from most of the subscriptions. I've trimmed a few, but there is plenty of others that can go.
- 6.Architectural Digest - it's not about architecture, it's about interior decorating. I could throw each issue in the trash and it wouldn't matter to me; why hold onto them?
- 7.The ties that I no longer wear - these I will donate. They are too wide for my tastes now, and haven't been worn in years. Time to give them a new opportunity.
- 8.My mountain bike - I haven't ridden it in ages, almost a year since the last time, and it's been many years since I've ridden it recreationally. It takes up space in the garage. "But I might ride it one day".
- 9.Extra cables - I have cables that I no longer need, to incorporate gear I no longer own. Might be time to trim that down.
- 10.My DJ lights, dub fx gear, and all that other stuff that I'm putting on eBay - this one is a gimme because I'm already getting rid of it, but it counts because I do want to get it moved out.