10 Favorite Comedians Who Are No Longer With Us, But Their Comedy Will Live Forever.
In alphabetical order, by last name. Pretty much inspired by @andersun. Companion list to 10(ish) Favorite Comedians (Currently Working In Stand-Up) 📂☃️
- •George Carlin (1937-2008)"Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body."
- •Greg Giraldo (1965-2010)"The things that make me laugh are considered smart or whatever, I guess. But stuff that's self-consciously intelligent or self-consciously hip or cool, that doesn't do it for me either."
- •Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)"Y'know, you can't please all the people all the time... and last night, all those people were at my show."
- •Bill Hicks (1961-1994)"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them."
- •Bernie Mac (1957-2008)"I'm not a star, and I don't want to be a star. Stars fall. I'm an ordinary guy with an extraordinary job."
- •Patrice O'Neal (1969-2011)"Not everybody should be laughing at everything at the same time. That's not even natural. My thing is to feel natural, because I don't want to feel like I could just make people laugh at every single joke, every single time, with the same decibel level."
- •Richard Pryor (1940-2005)"What I'm saying might be profane, but it's also profound."
- •Gilda Radner (1946-1989)"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what is going to happen next."
- •Joan Rivers (1933-2014)"Every time you make someone laugh you've given them a small vacation."
- •Robin Williams (1951-2014)"I think the saddest people always try to make other people happy because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless, and they don't want anyone else to feel like that."
- •As suggested by @cvlop61 - Sam Kinison (1953-1992)"Real comedy doesn't just make people laugh and think, but makes them laugh and change."
- •Thanks for reading!
- •Don Rickles (1926-2017)"Who picks your clothes? Stevie Wonder" That's about the cleanest quote of his that I could find. The original roastmaster was a huge influence for many of today's best comics.