My Favorite Things About Hockey. 🏒
- •The RivalriesBlackhawks/Blues, Bruins/Canadiens, Flyers/Penguins...these are all teams that genuinely do not like each other. There's a lot more than this too, I don't want to go on forever though.
- •The Villains.Everyone outside of Pittsburgh will enjoy that gif. There is severe dislike for Sidney Crosby everywhere else. Most hockey fans have a guy that they just can't stand, and usually for a good reason. 😆 Who is yours?
- •The AtmosphereIf you've never been to a game, I can't recommend anything in life more than doing it. Where else can you see Mr. T play "Shoot the Puck"? It's also very family friendly unless you're in Philadelphia.
- •The AHLReally good hockey for a really good price. Those are $30 seats in that picture. Most of the players get called up to the NHL within a year or two, so it's pretty cool to see these fellas grow up, and follow their careers. UPDATE: I just talked to my ticket guy and apparently that's a $60 seat in the picture now. Still not too bad, but holy inflation Batman!
- •The Blackhawks!
- •The PlayoffsThere are very few things that are more exciting than playoff hockey. I have literally held my bladder for over 30 minutes because an overtime game had no commercial breaks! This stuff is intense!
- •The Stanley CupBy far the coolest trophy in sports! It's been filled with everything from babies to booze to spaghetti. If only this thing could talk.
- •This!!!Chris Pronger became one of my favorite humans last weekend when he checked little Justin Bieber into the glass during the celebrity game portion of All Star Weekend.