Bars in State College
Power ranking of State College Watering holes
- •Bill Pickle's Tap RoomUnanimous number 1. Best place to end the night. Staff is friendly and treats you like a part of the show. $7 pitchers and $3 long islands are fair. Tendency to not kick you out or deny you at the door is an added bonus. Country night on Tuesdays is one of the best times a college kid can have.
- •Shandygaff aka "The Gaff"Great place to dance and deals are spectacular. $3 tall boys and $6 Long Island pitchers guaranteed to get you obliterated for cheap. Only downside is that there are a zillion staffers, so you always feel watched and can get kicked out at any point.
- •Indigo1$ Long Islands and DJ Cashious on Throwback Thursday puts Indigo in the top 3. Also always attracts the best talent and most promiscuous clothing.
- •Ratskellar aka "Skellar"Big open bar with great live music. Has potential to move up the list because it's a new venue to me. $5 pitchers are great for keeping lubricated.
- •Cafe 210 West aka "Cafe"Great spot for when the weather becomes warm. There is no experience in State College like sitting out front of Cafe in a golf shirt with some buddies, sipping $6 Long Island pitchers. Live music here usually brings it at this venue as well. Weakness of Long Islands gives this bar a chance to fall out of the top 5.