BOOKS I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN
Or, my childhood in a nutshell. Thanks Chris!
- •Redwall seriesMy love for Redwall runs deep in my veins. In fact, my handle is a reference to a character if any other fans can figure it out (🐰). I'd totally be a squirrel. I'd also work in the abbey's kitchen, making the heavenly food Brian Jacques spent so much time describing. I'd find a nice squirrel guy and we'd have lots of cute squirrel children and our lives would be long and simple and peaceful.
- •The Phantom TollboothI probably wouldn't survive the kingdom for very long, but I'd enjoy it while it lasted.
- •His Dark Materials seriesA talking animal companion who follows you around and is basically your soul? Yes please. I'd like to think my daemon would be some sort bird since I'm so into ornithology like all the cool kids, but I'm not sure what species. Barn owl? Adélie penguin? Great blue heron?
- •CorduroyI've always wanted to run around a mall at night and I also love tiny little bears.
- •The Secret Life of BeesBees are so great and beautiful and everything about this book sounds like heaven except for the nasty sad parts.
- •Harry Potter seriesDuh. Hufflepuff 'til the day I die.
- •The BFGI don't remember this one very well though. Actually the only thing I remember is that the BFG loves farting, but that's enough for me.
- •Young Wizards seriesRemember that part when they were in Ireland and Diane Duane was basically suggesting that wizards have really great sex?
- •The Polar ExpressTAKE ME TO SANTA