MY DAD ACTUALLY MADE ME LAUGH
It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud. I don't find my dad funny. My world is falling apart.
- •My parents are selling their two old rice cookers at their restaurant for five dollars apiece.
- •When I saw them by the cash register, I told them five dollars is too little. They could easily sell them for 15, maybe 20.
- •We argue until my parents reassure me that someone would buy them and they don't care if they only net ten dollars.
- •My mom mentions that they could give me one for college if no one buys them.
- •I'm currently waiting on a transfer application decision from a school in New York (and, honestly, their admission rate is pretty high), so I'd have to move away from home and my own rice cooker would be nice to have.
- •My dad says no, we have a mini rice cooker at home that we can give her.
- •We keep taking about rice cookers, mostly the mini one, and the possibility of me moving to New York.
- •My parents are somewhat against the idea of me moving, but if I did, they want me to be as well prepared as possible (i.e. rice cooker).
- •And then.
- •My dad.
- •My FATHER.
- •Turns to me and says...
- •"Now you have to go to New York so that you can take the rice cooker!"
- •AND I LAUGHED
- •It's not even that good of a joke right?
- •But it's silly and cute and it made me FUCKIN GIGGLE
- •So my dad thinks that I think he's funny.
- •What am I supposed to do now?