Yearbook Photos, Ranked
- •8th gradeFacing the camera head on gives a stiff look. Barely a hint of a smile. Shirt is uneven at the shoulders, glasses overwhelm the face, overcompensated for the unibrow with excessive plucking. Climax of my awkward phase.
- •5th gradePosition is better and lighting is great, just no emotion being carried through. Smile is, again, barely there. The beginning of my awkward phase.
- •3rd gradeShirt is also uneven (I should really see a doctor about my shoulders) but coupled with the stray hairs it's kind of a cute, unkempt look for a 3rd grader. Still not in the mood for smiling but getting there.
- •1st gradeOutfit is adorable, pigtails are adorable, but that smile is so forced it almost reads scared. I actually hated those overalls so that might account for the uncomfortableness. Don't ask why I circled myself- no idea.
- •4th gradeThat was one of my favorite shirts. Double points for the matching headband. Loose, wispy hairs at the ears gives a casual touch to a very pulled together look. Can actually detect some warmth in the smile.
- •6th gradeCan definitely smile wider than that but almost looks genuine! The earrings are a nice touch. Great overall angle and framing with that slight tilt of the head.
- •2nd gradeThe head tilted slightly away and the tight, closed lipped smile could be interpreted as awkward, but I think it's almost mischievous in a way. Practically smirking. Pigtails and gingham dress are, once again, adorbs.
- •12th gradeLook who figured out how to smile and do her hair! Face lit up and nicely framed, hair on point, eyebrows at their God given length, just wish my lipstick had shown up better for an extra pop of color.
- •KindergartenExcuse the circles again. You'd think this would be a pretty bad yearbook photo because I'm not even looking at the camera, but that childlike aloofness is why I love it. Reminiscent of John Singer Sargent's "Madame X" there's an air of quiet mysteriousness that permeates this photo. What am I looking at? Who am I looking at? What am I thinking about? How hard did the cameraman even try to direct my gaze toward him? Also, I'm cute as hell.