5 things I do when I do stand up
Been a stand up comedian in Puerto Rico for close to 2 years and here is what i do everytime.
- •1- I start in Spanish. I'm a fluent bilingual speaker but I love the moment when they hear me switch language and realize I have no accent.
- •2- tell a poem. I write poetry. I integrate the funny ones into my sets.
- •3- make fun of language! What is a palindrome? Have you heard of civil forfeiture? Let me wake you up!
- •4- NEVER dumb it down. I refuse to pan handle for cheap jokes on material that is over played and vulgar for the sake of a laugh
- •5- have a joke with a song and enter with a song. Be a showman! Learn timing!