No one ever tells you...
- •When you're an adult you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want"There are no rules!" ...she says as she downs 3 lbs of watermelon for breakfast.
- •It's really hard to have guy friends when you're a single 30s womanI don't want your boyfriend/husband and never did. I am not your enemy. Sports, god damn it. I hug everyone the same.
- •It's 50% your work capabilities and 50% office politicsI learned that at 22 AT A KIDS GYM. I'm still no good at them though.
- •It's really easy to get attached to things and hold them to an unhealthy levelPeople, things, rituals. It's why people don't leave bad jobs/relationships/etc. (and while my peers still rock climb with torn tendons in their hand)
- •Pets in apartments suckThey're hard. No space. Lots of crying. Poor things.
- •People take your "no" as a loose suggestionOr as an insult they can attack you for. (Can we change this already?)
- •Family ups and downs are inevitableHopefully it sticks to the ups. I'm lucky to have re-build a relationship with my sister, she's one of the most important people in my world.
- •People will actually be there for you even when you fuck upThe real friends don't leave, even if you think you deserve it. They match your crazy with their own brand of crazy and you're all perfect together. Thank god.