REASONS MY THEATRICAL (PRESHOW) WARMUP IS IMPORTANT TO ME
Courtesy of @MrPendleton. If you are unfamiliar, when I work on a show I have a warmup that I must do before each run where I lay face first on the stage and basically take a nap like the lazy piece of shit I am. Here is why it is so great.
- •I came up with it.
- •What better way is there to work properly in a space besides becoming one with the stage?I am half way done with my Theatre and Performance Studies degree, I know what I'm talking about.
- •I never actually 'sleep' (whatever that is).I need some bit of rest before each night of being on my feet and running around backstage.
- •Laying on the floor is actually very comfortable and good for your back.and much better than the shitty mattress I have right now.
- •Someone's gotta be the catalyst for a cuddle puddle...
- •Lin-Manuel Miranda did it once during tech week of Hamiltonan act of genius before the genius did it