Already on li.st? Open in app.
2008. Directed by Christopher Nolan.
- •"What are you, superstitious? You've got a better chance of winning the Power Ball than running into him." - Random drug dealer in a carIf it's so easy to win the lottery, why are there so many poor people in Gotham? Answer? Corruption. Answer to corruption? Batman. This line really sets the tone for the rest of the film.
- •"One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine." - Alfred, Batman's butler and master storytellerAt first, it's easy to dismiss Alfred's story about a Burmese jewel thief as the ramblings of a senile old man. But when he compares one of the stolen jewels to a medium-sized fruit, we start to understand just how crazy the thief was, which in turn helps Batman understand just how crazy the Joker is.
- •"Things are worse than ever!" - Random man at Harvey Dent's press conferenceIt's easy to think that, because it's a Batman movie, things are always going to be okay. Fortunately, one brave, slightly rude man shatters this illusion at Harvey Dent's press conference. At that moment, Harvey realizes he can't arrest Batman and chooses instead to kind of arrest himself. Talk about courage.
- •You'll never believe who's coming back.
- •Back with a vengeance? Not exactly.
- •Longest. Weekend. Ever.