PINNED: The Rules of Li.st Parody
Because apparently no one around here reads the goddamn Terms of Service that you all agreed to and that we only occasionally bend for friends and family, a primer:
- 1.According to Webster's Dictionary (*not really*), parody is "assuming the identity of a well-respected and generally conservative fabric store and then blasting everyone with a barrage of prurience and profanity."
- 2.Parody should never be absurd or off-putting.
- 3.Parody is funniest when you provide full disclosure that you are not, in fact, a major corporation.The more disclosurer, the funnier. 😹
- 4.Using parody as a subversive way to comment on the absurdity of 12 trending lists about childhood foods will not be tolerated.It's not who we are as a community.
- 5.In fact, parody accounts should NEVER be used to provide social commentary on other, realer lists.If that happens, simply block the account and move on your merry way! BUT ALSO:
- 6.LET LIST ADMINISTRATORS KNOW IMMEDIATELY IF YOU FIND A PARODY TO BE IN VIOLATION OF YOUR TASTES AND INTERESTS.Their account, posts, and comments will be deleted immediately. Zing! 👉🏼🔴🤓💨