A smattering of Rome gelato places
- •Old Bridge Gelateria Viale Bastioni Di Michelangelo, 00192 Roma RM, Italy +39 328 411 9478 https://goo.gl/maps/eFMp4yxSB6U2Original location of a famous local chain. No special flavors but might be the best? Stracciatella had an extra something. Coffee was surprisingly not sweet. No reason to expect other locations aren't as good.
- •Punto Gelato Piazza di S. Eustachio, 47, 00186 Roma RM, Italy +39 06 6880 8292 https://goo.gl/maps/BdDygSfGqU42Very nice. No crazy flavors but more than normal. gave a great and unexpected recommendation of lemon+caramel.
- •Wonderful Ice Cream Via Nazionale, 160, 00184 Roma RM, Italy +39 06 487 1809 https://goo.gl/maps/vuHSdxvcYEU2Seems more corporate, but a wide array of flavors. Nothing too crazy, but passion fruit had a nice tang. Other flavors seemed... fine.
- •Gelateria Artigianale Corona Largo Arenula, 27, 00186 Roma RM, Italy +39 06 6880 8054 https://goo.gl/maps/FHzupnLj1QJ2A few nonstandard flavors. lemon basil sorbetto was pretty good. Red currant was dece, wasn't super tart.
- •Little place a bit past the foot bridge into Trastavere (in the neighborhoods)A couple of the more interesting combinations, but felt kind of heavy/thick. Good pistachio if you want it like pistachio butter
- •The place on the way back from St John's (but going up the wrong road, or not directly toward the Col)Average-.