Favorite East Coast Travel Destinations
In no order, except, North to South, my favorite "couple of days" spots on the East Coast.
- •Bar Harbor Maine and Acadia National ParkFantastic hiking, a beautiful, albeit cold beach, and a nice town. Lodging for every budget.
- •The W BostonIn town for a night or two, it's a fun hotel. Use points or look for special rates. Convenient walk to almost all of Boston. Get a high floor in the summer.
- •Liberty Hotel Boston Lobby BarA great place to drink and mingle. Saw the Black Keys in there once.
- •Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, NYGorgeous but expensive hotel with a minimum 2 night stay, however you can stay elsewhere and use the grounds during the day for a very nominal fee($30??). The hiking is world class.
- •North Conway,NH. Tuckerman's Ravine, Mount Washington, White MountainsNorth Conway has a hotel and restaurant for every budget, Tuckerman's Ravine is a wonderful vertical hike that really sticks with you.
- •Niagara Falls, stay in Canada, play in New York.Only go in " shoulder season", late Spring or Early Fall. There won't be any lines then. First, the drive from the NYC area along Route 17( NY's hypotenuse) is World Heritage site beautiful in the fall. You can rest and lunch in cute cities like Corning. Stay in the "Fallsview" area of Canada. Use the New York parks. They have upped the adrenaline level and you can literally stand under the falls(Cave of The Winds). This was literally the view from our room.
- •National Harbor Maryland, Gaylord HotelEasy access to Washington DC, National Harbor is a small city built all at once about 10 years ago. Water taxis at the hotel pier take you to downtown DC. MGM is opening a massive casino just down the street. Other hotels and great restaurants within steps. No car needed once you are there.
- •Secret East Coast beach town I won't tell you about.Sorry, not telling.
- •Riviera Beach, Singer Island, Palm Beach County, Florida.A great beach whether you are using the nice public beach, or staying in a waterfront hotel or apartment. Works for all budgets. Popular with European vacationers too.