Ways to Greet Someone When You Dont Remember Their Name
We've all been in a situation where you recognize the face but forget the name. Use this handy list to help you greet that certain someone and gracefully traverse this social awkwardness.
- •Hey Buddy! / Hey BeautifulUse the 2nd expression sparingly as it can come off creepy depending on your inflection.
- •Look who it is...The idea being, you're asking, look who it is, then hoping someone will please tell you.
- •What's up Adam?This is a bold one. But 87% of people are named Adam so it can work. Use sparingly.
- •Momma?Self explanatory. Even if she isn't your mamma. You can blame your forgetfulness on a head trauma.
- •GET DOWN!!!Always a great move as the person you are yelling at will immediately be thankful for you saving their lives.
- •Well if it isn't Mrs TurtlefaceNick Names are great for shown familiarity and connectivity.
- •THE DOCTOR!!!!Best used against white people or may seem racist.Suggested by @thegregorybrothers
- •Hello, gorgeous.WARNING: it's hard to pull this one off if you're not a gay man or Jewish woman from New York.Suggested by @SGGinNYC