My best gigs - ever....
In no particular order - don't make me choose. And I'm rubbish at dates.
- •King Creosote - Union Chapel.2015? Beautiful music, beautiful venue.
- •Stone Roses - Ally PallyJust after Fools Gold was released.
- •Spiritualised - BarbicanPlaying 'Ladies and Gentleman..' in its entirety. At Christmas.
- •The Pogues - Reading Festival1989. First time I saw them, raw and ragged.
- •The Specials - Hammersmith Apollo2008? Sweaty and joyous.
- •Primal Scream - OlympiaPlaying the whole of Screamadelica. Need I say more?
- •Super Furry Animals - GlastonburyEveryone else was watching Radiohead.
- •Brian Wilson - South BankHis first UK performance of Smile. There were tears.
- •Blur - Hyde ParkAll the people, so many people
- •Elvis Costello - Basingstoke (yes, Basingstoke)With his spinning wheel
- •Johnny Cash - CardiffThe man in black