First 10 Words/phrases I Learned in Spanish
These are some of the first words/ phrases I learned in Mexico. These phrases can be combined in many different ways :)
- •No mamesWhen can't you say this? Mostly it is used I the situation where you in English would say something like "really?!", "are you serious?!" To show surprise and disbelief... Literal translation: don't suck. Later I found out that you are not supposed to say it at work, school, in front of kids etc
- •WeyWey is like "man" is English. You can call anybody wey ( almost) mostly guys use it when talking to a guy friend. You can use it at the end of almost any sentence when talking to a friend
- •CabronYou can be a good cabron or bad cabron. It can be more offensive than wey, but can also be a friendly way to say hey man
- •Qué pedo /No hay pedoLiteral translation: what's the fart/ there is no fart. Meaning: what's up/ and no hay pedo= no problem
- •Chido, chingonCool
- •Un chingamadralA lot of something. 'Tenemos un chinga madral de cosas'
- •Que onda?Not sure of literal translation, but meaning is like qué pedo = what's up
- •Gustas?Well the verb gustar ( to like) is used a lot, but "gustas" ?is used all the one to ask if you want some food. For instance if one person buys some cookies, he will ask you 'gustas?'
- •De la chingadaCurse word you want to complain about something. 'Este pastel esta de la chingada'
- •Thank you to my teacher @Cardo