[🎶] INTERACTIVE: THE FIRST TIME I EVER HEARD THE XX
To get the full effect, you'll want to have this track on Spotify loaded and ready to play: https://open.spotify.com/track/1zuKjpp4t7BS8JPKi6mkQr #Music
- •The year was 2013, and I was in Washington state, just outside of Seattle.If you take the scenic route from the airport, it looks like this.
- •It was Memorial Day weekend, and I was at this festival.Yes, this is a timely list. You're welcome.
- •It has a main stage that overlooks this.They call it The Gorge. It's gorge-ous.
- •I had heavily pre-loaded in the parking lot before the gates opened and was walking around all day in a chef's hat and a "World's Best Dad" apron.I may have had conversations with several of you. I can't remember.
- •Near the end of the day, I laid down and closed my eyes in front of the main stage, waiting for The Postal Service to come on—when all of a sudden—I heard these sounds echoing over the gorge:
- •(Hit play on Spotify NOW and then lay on the ground and close your eyes!)
- •These haunting tones, coursing through my body.I finally woke up halfway through the third song to see what kind of warlock was generating this magic.
- •Check out the whole album. It's worth your time.Also, get out to Sasquatch if you can. It's the most beautiful concert space I've ever seen.