WHY I'M GOING TO VOTE TODAY
It's Election Day in America!
- •It is a fundamental right & responsibility of citizenship
- •We get the government we deserve & too many of have been on the sidelines while politicians make decisions that are in their best interest...not ours.
- •I'm fed up with 50th. Mississippi is last in so many categories & I'm tired of it. Using my voice to let my legislators know what is important to me is a critical step to making lasting change.
- •Initiative 42 must pass. The Mississippi legislature has ignore the law which says they must fully fund an adequate education for all children in the state & for too long they have short-changed our children. It has to stop. Now.
- •Too many people in this country fought for the right to vote. Many died for the right to vote. It would be shameful to not recognize their struggle & sacrifice by not voting.
- •In too many places, voting rights are being eroded. If I don't vote, I give credence to the disenfranchisement efforts happening here & in other states.
- •My vote matters. Maybe not in the grand scheme of things because I am blue in a red state but letting my elected officials know that they must represent all of us is important.
- •I've never missed an election since I started voting at 18. I'm not going to start now.
- •I want an "I Voted" sticker (can you believe I've never gotten one?!?!)
- •My Grandma was a poll worker. She would be horrified if I didn't go vote.