My Favorite Things About Podcasting (So Far)
I've only had my podcast a couple months, but it's definitely improved my life
- •I have something new to focus onI was basically only thinking about my kid and politics, which is not fun. I mean, I love my kid, but you have to have something else. And politics? So infuriating and not good for someone like me to think about all the time. Now I have something new to think about.
- •Talking about tv is a silly fun thingIt's been awhile since I spent a ton of time talking about pop culture and I forgot how fun it is. It's good not to be so serious all the time.
- •I can enjoy my husband having a different opinion from meNormally I want Dylan & I to like all the same shows, but the podcast is more fun to record if he hates the shows I like.
- •I'm improving my social networking skillsI was always an Instagram & Twitter lurker, but I've had to learn how to properly use them to promote the podcast. I'm still learning, but feel like my #hashtag game is #onfleek.
- •I get to watch lots of tv showsSince we watch a different tv pilot every episode, I get to watch a lot of tv. It's nice to try new shows, and now I can say I don't like NCIS without the fear that I'm being unfair because I've now seen an episode and know I hate it.