THINGS I THINK SHOULD BE REQUIRED READING FOR LIFE
Not like we'll kill you if you don't, I just think everyone should be aware of and consider these when talking/voting/living.
- •PostSecret by Frank WarrenA book that started as an art project, but is now 6 books, a website, a TED talk, an art installation, a play, and a community. Frank printed postcards and left them laying around, asking people to anonymously send him their secrets. These books inform the way I live my life. They are a fantastic reminder of just how alike we all are - we all have basically the same hopes, dreams, and secrets. Everyone I've shared them with has found their own secret in someone else's handwriting.
- •Mean GirlsNot a book, a movie, but a movie that everyone should see. A hilarious, dramatized look at what high school is like for girls. Also, immensely quote-able.
- •Gunn's Golden Rules by Tim GunnA really smart look at life, style, and manners with fun fashion tidbits thrown it.
- •The Harry Potter series by JK RowlingYes, the books. Don't try to say the movies were the same.
- •The OfficeThe American TV series. So good. So quotable.
- •The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins GilmanA really interesting exploration of mental illness.
- •Jurassic ParkBooks or movies. All of them. Not required, but highly recommended.