My 5 indie movie picks for 2016
Hi, I'm Piya, long-time li.st lurker, first time li.ster. Here are my five favorite indie movies this year, in no particular order. Go see them all!
- •Hunt for the WilderpeopleOnly the brilliance of Taika Waititi can fuse together sharp humor, stunning performances and heart wrenching moments in this gorgeous movie.
- •Blue JayHigh school love is the best love ❤️
- •MoonlightBreathtaking performances in this beautifully subtle dissection of the life of a young black gay man.
- •The LobsterA terrifying yet very appropriate lens into the path that our current dating culture is taking us on. Colin Farrell is 👌🏽
- •Southside With YouTrust the Obamas to have the absolutely perfect first date 😭❤️