FACEBOOK'S DISLIKE BUTTON IS HERE - BUT IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK
Facebook is testing an expanded like button that will allow users to go beyond "liking" a status. Six new emoji will join the classic thumbs-up - "love," "haha," "yay," "wow," "sad" and "angry." The test isn't available everywhere, but here's what they look like and Facebook's intended purposes for them.
- •LoveTo be used for when like just doesn't cut it. There's still some ambiguity in this though - are you loving the post or sending love to the person who posted it.
- •HahaSometimes all you can do is laugh.
- •YayCelebrate and share goodwill.
- •WowIt's unclear whether this emoji will be used to say "Wow!" when people share something amazing or as a "Wow. I can't believe you would say something like that," but we'll find out soon enough.
- •SadThis tearful emoji is a much more appropriate response to your friends' illness, tragedy, and heartbreak than a "Like."
- •AngryHaters may be disappointed that Facebook technically still doesn't offer a "Dislike" function, but "Angry" will get the point across.