WHAT AM I THANKFUL FOR
Most people seem to be thankful for their spouses and children, at least according to social media. Since I have neither, I thought I'd consider what things in my life I'm actually really thankful for, even if they sound cheesy.
- •Francis the catIs it sad to put my cat first? Whatever, Francis is the best, he's so cute and good at snuggling and keeping my feet warm, plus I love his little chirping noises.
- •HealthAside from potential side effects resulting from holiday overeating, I'm lucky to have relative health.
- •My jobEven though sometimes I feel like the stress is probably taking years off my life, my job is a pretty good gig and I'm lucky not to have to worry about employment.
- •FamilyThey may not be perfect but they have given me lots of care and opportunity, and I'm definitely thankful for that.
- •FriendsI've got some of the best people in the world, and they're spread far and wide. Truly lucky there.
- •A safe and comfortable homeEspecially with daily reminders in images of Syrian (and other) refugees, I am really lucky to have a safe, warm home and more things than I need inside of it, including warm, clean clothes, too many shoes, and a bathroom with clean water.
- •Too much foodThough my belly may be groaning right now because it's been stretched to its limits, I am lucky to have plenty of access to healthy, tasty food.
- •NetflixAll the British detective shows I want, right at my fingertips; what luxury!
- •WineWine makes life better, whether it's a glass with my Netflix or over dinner with friends, so I am thankful for it.
- •NPRI'm grateful to have a source of information that I can trust not to make stuff up and to be entertaining and interesting.
- •My high schoolWill never stop being thankful for Girls Preparatory School, and all the people who made it possible for me to go there (especially my mom), because it had probably the most to do with who I have become.
- •BooksBooks make our brains go and are the best. We are lucky to be able to read whichever ones we want.
- •Green spacesThankful to live in a community that has prioritized ensuring that people have access to paths and open spaces. Life would be pretty different without them.