Already on li.st? Open in app.
Ever sneak a peek at a teenager’s phone? It’s like Soviet code--they’ve got abbreviations for everything, people. Here’s a guide to the acronyms you’ll see most, because we LYMI.
- 1.BAEMeaning: Before anyone else (but it's used pretty interchangeably with "babe"/"baby") As in: “Skipping out on happy hour early, gotta get home to bae.”
- 2.IDGAFMeaning: I don’t give a f*&@ As in: “You think I’m a sloppy drunk? IDGAF.”
- 3.BBHMMMeaning: Bitch better have my money (a song by Rihanna, the queen of IDGAF) As in: 'The BBHMM video is super disturbing but I can’t stop watching it.'
It's totally acceptable to plan a vacation around a churro ice-cream sandwich... Right...
- 1.Churro Ice-Cream SandwichFound at Churro Borough in LA
- 2.Concrete Frozen CustardFound at Ted Drewes Frozen Custard in St. Louis. (Order a caramel-apple sundae or twisted caramel)
- 3.Coconut Ash Ice CreamFound at Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream in New York.
- 1.Modern Toilet Restaurant in Taipei, TaiwanIn case the name wasn't clear enough, you not only sit on a toilet while eating, but your food is served to you in a toilet.
- 2.Ithaa Undersea Restaurant in Rangali Islands, MaldivesOk so you’ve gone snorkeling, scuba diving--hell, maybe you’ve jumped into one of those shark cage thingies. But have you dined on fine contemporary European cuisine 16 feet below sea level?
- 3.Kayabukiya Tavern in Utsunomiya, JapanHumans are boring. But you know who’s not boring? The two pet macaques who will take your order and deliver food.
Your 15 minutes are waiting...
- 1.The Bachelor or The BacheloretteLet's call it what it is: This is your chance to drunk-cry on national television.
- 2.MasterChef JuniorIf only my eight-year-old could make me a five-course dinner
- 3."Extreme Home Makeover Show"A little vague. Potentially an off-brand Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. But if there’s any hope of Ty Pennington, we’re in.
Perfect for your resting beach face
- 1.Stand on your tippy toesElongate and tone up those legs
- 2.Shift your weight to one sideThink of your favorite celebrity on the red carpet...
- 3.Lift at least one arm upReach for your hat, your hair, your sunglasses... Whatever makes the most sense and looks natural
Because... comfort, duh.
- 1.With a blazer, jeans, and strappy sandals.Bonus points for a monochromatic theme.
- 2.With dressy shorts and a Panama hatNever underestimate the powers of a solid vacation look.
- 3.With a printed midi skirt and wedgesBecause what's a better anchor for bold prints than a white T-shirt?
- 1.You and coffee have become besties for life
- 2.Unless it’s after 4 p.m. Then you guys are enemies.
- 3.You hang out with Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert more than your actual friends.
Worth-it touristy spots and locals-approved activities.
- 1.Visit at least one of the iconic art museums.The MoMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim and the Whitney.
- 2.And eat at one of the iconic food institutions.Katz’s Delicatessen, Carnegie Deli, Delmonico’s Bar & Grill, Forlini’s or 21 Club.
- 3.Stand under the constellation ceiling mural at Grand Central Terminal and marvel at how quiet the place is.
- 1.Guh, I'm so hungover.
- 2.Hey, could you proofread my resume?
- 3.How much do you think Melissa makes?
- 1.Canned wineWhy transport bottles of red in your cooler when you can pick up a six-pack of wine? It’s so much easier.
- 2.Get into bikini body shape (not kidding)Fun fact: Two glasses of red wine before bed actually helps you shed pounds. Thank you, #resveratrol.
- 3.Make boozy popsiclesPopsicles were your favorite snack as a kid. Strawberry and wine popsicles are your favorite snack as a mature woman--and they’re extra yummy for the warmer weather.