17 FRENCH BABY NAMES THAT ARE PRIME FOR AN AMERICAN TAKEOVER
Because British ones are kind of played out. Full story: http://pwow.me/1M3WQQg
- 1.AvelineMeaning: The French take on Evelyn, its history can be translated to “breath of life.”
- 2.LilouMeaning: A combination of Lily and Louise. Only in France. Or Brooklyn.
- 3.FleurMeaning: What else? Flower.
- 4.KaisMeaning: Of Arabic origin (for "firm"), it first became popular in Tunisia before gaining steam in France.
- 5.CoralieMeaning: A derivative of Coral. And as cool as the Riviera breeze.
- 6.BastianMeaning: A shortened from of Sebastian, meaning "venerable."
- 7.ElizeMeaning: A variant of Elizabeth, and therefore befitting a queen.
- 8.LucMeaning: The French form of Luke, it conjures up saints and Skywalkers.
- 9.SoleneMeaning: Like Solange. Ultra hip yet under the radar.
- 10.MathisMeaning: A French spin on Matthew, it means "gift from God."
- 11.AnaelleMeaning: Loosely translates to "angel."
- 12.MarielleMeaning: A chic, modern version of Marie.
- 13.RemiMeaning: Derived from the Latin for "oarsman."
- 14.LounaMeaning: The Roman goddess of the moon.
- 15.KylianMeaning: A Frenchified version of the Irish name Cillian, you're unlikely to find another on the playground.
- 16.MelinaMeaning: From the Greek word for "honey."
- 17.LeandreMeaning: The French form of Leander, meaning "lion."