6 EASY TRICKS TO CALM YOU DOWN
This too shall pass.
- •Dab cold water behind your ears.Or on your wrists. Both areas have tons of veins running through them, so when cooled off, they can relax your entire body.
- •Sniff an orange.Studies have shown that the scent of a peeled orange can drastically reduce stress and improve mood swings.
- •Learn this breathing technique.Try the 4-7-8 approach from Dr. Andrew Weil to calm your nerves. Here's how it works: Breathe in through your nose for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds and exhale through your mouth for eight seconds.
- •Eat a mango.Snacking on this tropical fruit can help you chill thanks to a compound in it called linalool. Plus, you can pretend you’re relaxing on some lovely beach while you eat it.
- •Do some cardio.Whether it’s a walk around the block, a quick shopping trip or a long run, any type of cardio can relieve stress and brighten your mood--all while you get in a bit of a workout.
- •Count backward.This one seems pretty obvious, but actually having to concentrate on going from 100 to 0 will help take your mind off your worries and onto the process itself.